Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Snowball's Chance in Hell - Part 1

No one wants to buy my stuff.

I'm not sure why. I mean, it's great stuff - that's what they told me when I bought it anyway, which is why I have a house full of it. But I'm trying to turn over a new leaf - I'm trying to proclaim my status as a "Survivor of Stuffitis" and find good homes for all my stuff (heck, even marginal homes - what you do with that salad shooter after you buy it is no business of mine).

And yet, despite numerous garage sales at various locations, listings on craigslist, amazon.com and e-bay, a great deal of this crap simply refuses to get out of Dodge.

The upshot of this (if you can call it that) is that I now have an extreme aversion to the idea of More Stuff. I may have taken this to the extreme in some cases - for instance, I regularly return nearly all my birthday, christmas and father's day gifts to get the cash to pay off my debt. In those rare cases when the store will only give me store credit, I get that in gift cards which I then save to give to other people at christmas. So when you give me a gift, you can be pretty sure that it truly will be "the gift that keeps on giving".

I'll return or sell anything that isn't nailed down or breathing, and yet my tiny little debt snowball just can't seem to get itself rolling.

Anyone else experiencing snowball stall?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snowball stall...almost as bad as a mysterious engine stall! Just about every time Murphy has visited me my snowball has stalled, or saving up for my tuition payment has stalled. BTW, would you like a cat...?

K said...

Hmmm...a kind offer that I will have to decline. I have the strange feeling that terrorist kitty would issue a fatwa on my dimwitted dog, and I just can't have that kind of scene in my house right now. Thank you though! ;)

My Gen Research said...

Can't say that I have, yet. And here's hoping I never do. :)

K said...

kerzie, that's great. I'm very impressed with your story and your determination - and your gazelle video is excellent! Keep up the good work!