Monday, October 8, 2007

Thank You, Dr. House

And so it would seem that the final correct diagnosis of my medical mystery would come, not from the cadre of medical professionals gathered to examine me and overcharge my insurance company, but instead from Hugh Laurie and the talented script writers of the tv show, "House".


We had never seen the show before, but seeing as there was nothing else on that evening that we felt like watching, I said half-joking, "Let's see if this guy knows what's wrong with me!". Imagine my surprise when, a mere fifteen minutes into the episode, he mentioned "costochondritis". I ran to the internet on the next commercial break and, sure enough, the description of the condition matched up perfectly with my mis-named malady, Quico.


The good news is that it's a muscular condition so, as the numerous tests and scans will attest, all the major organs are pretty much off the table as potential suspects. The bad news is...well, that it's a muscular condition. Pretty much the number one treatment for costochondritis is - REST. (Debt Daddy stifles a derisive giggling fit as the irony of "rest" becoming a four letter word in his vocabulary hits home.) After the whole "deck debacle" that brought about this condition in the first place (think about that - working on their deck put me in the hospital, and then they criticize my work and refuse to pay me the balance - this is the living cliche of "adding insult to injury") I'm going to have to work harder than ever to make up for lost wages...while resting? Hmmm....'tis a conundrum wrapped in a riddle lounging on a LayZBoy, isn't it?

More later.

3 comments:

JW said...

Absolutely incredible. Its amazing to me that you found the correct diagnosis from a television show versus your physicians.

Its kind of scary.

Anonymous said...

I hope your doctor confirmed this diagnosis by Dr. House. I love House and all but it's still just a show, you know.

Charls King said...

Hi,

Today I have visited your blog and found some quality information. I think you have maintained a great blog. That's why we would like to exchange links with your blog.


Please send me your link info.

Waiting for your reply.

With Best Regards,
charls

Disclaimer: This email is strictly confidential and is requested not to share with anyone.